Redmond TutoringShannon Fisher (425)-890-8606
Tutoring in all K-8 subjects, and writing to college level. Specializing in ADD/ADHD and distracted, disorganized, messy BOYS!
Mom Rocks Math!
A one-day, 4 hour crash course just for Mom. (And Dad, of course...)
Revisit basic arithmetic through pre-algebra in an enjoyable, child-free environment! The purpose of this course is to equip moms with the tools they'll need to help elementary-age children with their homework. Common Core has made it difficult for us, but not impossible!
- Touch on math concepts typically covered in grades 2-5: Fact families, regrouping, long division & multiplication, decimals, fractions, geometry, estimation, mental math techniques, "write to explain" story problems and more.
- Complete practice problems in a provided workbook.
- Learn how to lovingly help, even when children are confrontational, lethargic, frustrated, or suffering from low self-confidence.
- Create a list of useful tools and tips to make homework time easier.
- Understand the importance of letting children figure things out independently once they have a solid foundation.
Cost for the four-hour seminar is $225. Price includes a workbook, coffee, snacks, fun giveaways, and a coupon for 50% off tutoring.
ALL 2014 DATES ARE SOLD OUT. PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR 2015 DATES.